Forming shoulders for stickpacks
Cross-section: rectangular or round with centered seal
Types of seal: lap seal, distant seal and turned fin seal
Bags with a flat bag width of less than 60 mm are called stickpacks. The flat film is formed into a tube with the seal concealed completely within the forming shoulder.
We are not limited to a minimum flat bag width. The smallest forming shoulder we have ever manufactured was for a flat bag width of 6 mm. Our entire stickpack forming shoulders are milled and thus ideal for multilane purposes. Each forming shoulder of a series is identical to any other.
Forming shoulders with a flat bag width exceeding 60 mm are usually called universal forming shoulders. They are made of sheet metal and their application in multilane machines is limited.
- reliable forming process
- reduced forming height and improved stability compared to a forming process that does not utilize forming shoulders
- improved stability of film run compared to a process that utilizes heads of forming shoulders
- no special qualification required for installation and operation of the forming shoulder
- ideal for the application in multilane stickpack machines
- costly manufacturing and testing processes
- frequent adoption to new film material and process conditions necessary
Find information on how to open stickpack forming shoulders easily using the "easy-to-open" mechanism